Board of Directors
NZEC’s basic corporate structure means it can respond quickly to new ideas and opportunities. We pride ourselves on being pragmatic but also forward-thinking and innovative; we have the insight to identify worthwhile opportunities as well as develop them. Our business is focussed on:
- The production of oil and associated gas.
- Providing midstream services to third parties through its TWN Assets (the Waihapa Production Station operations and key export pipelines to Port Taranaki).
- Assessing and implementing opportunities in the existing wells.
- Exploring and appraising new acquisitions and those under joint ventures.
- Assessing the use of current infrastructure for energy storage, with the intention of developing this as source of revenue.
In keeping with our current strategy, we’ve relinquished our land holdings on the East coast. Although sites outside of Taranaki (such as offshore Canterbury, the East Coast, and the Great South Basin) have been explored and confirmed to hold oil and gas, they are not economically-viable for anyone under current conditions.