NZEC’s operating approach includes:
- Assembling a first-rate technical team with extensive in-country experience covering the full range of oil and natural gas skill sets;
- Gaining access to a large geophysical database and continuing to add new 2D and 3D seismic data;
- Introducing modern well drilling and completion technologies;
- Meeting or exceeding health, safety and environmental protection standards;
- Completing 2D and 3D seismic surveys to identify new targets and reduce exploration risk;
- Focusing on multi-zone targets;
- Prioritizing exploration and production opportunities that are close to existing infrastructure, expediting tie-in and minimizing costs; and
- Engaging with local communities and indigenous people to ensure everyone benefits as the projects advance.
We’re currently producing light, high-quality oil from seven wells in the Taranaki Basin, and executing a comprehensive development and exploration program to further increase production.